Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here is a post from Ann from Sunday!!

It is hot here. It's even hot for ME, and you know what that means for Aimee and what that would be for you. Lots of kids are on the porch. My French has come in handy. They get a big laugh when we try to speak Gourmancha.

I've been tempted to cry a few times. No politics, just survival. People who love Jesus. Went to the graduation ceremonies of the kids--they postponed it due to rain, but still had it. I never thought I'd ask, but pray for rain. It is so dry and the people can't plant their crops. They are a month behind, and they've only had 3-4 rains. Usually everything is growing by now. My camera has been a big hit. I take pictures of life and kids around here. THey want me to, and then show them. What laughs we have had. Aimee is out on the porch playing ball with the kids. She's feeling better, thankfully. Today we went to the church next door where they celebrated the day of the child. Lots of songs. We sang we want to see Jesus lifted High as a group in French and English. The service was in French and Gourmancha.The clinic reminds me of Vietnam/China. So do the people...friendly. I like the bush better than the city.

The guys have already started working on the antennas. Tomorrow, I think, we do the Bible lessons. The kids love my French kid's Bible that I colored in with black people. THey are so used to white pictures...I told them that I think Jesus looked more like them than me!!!

Well, gotta run before the battery dies and electricity runs out. If you can post this on the blog, that would be great!

----------------------------

Pray for rain folks!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, A post! YEAH!!! We LOVE hearing from you and getting a small glimpse into what you are all experiencing! :) We are praying for you and thinking of you! If you are able to upload any pictures, we would be so curious and excited to view your activities. I love that you are able to take pictures w/ your digital and show the children!! That has to be so much fun! I hope the antenna work goes smoothly, without frustration and complications, we will pray for that!
    love,
    the Brosiuses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ann. Nice to hear from you. We're doing what we can to help Harold with the antenna from this end. Look forward to seeing you next Wed.

    Beth & Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to see a posting on the blog. I had a short email from Paul and he sounded like he was having an amazing experience. I'm glad to hear Aimee is feeling better. You are all in my prayers.
    Love, Doreen

    ReplyDelete