Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And the rain's coming down!!!






We are at Ouga now it is raining as hard as I've seen it for months. Ice cream is on the charts if the rain stops but we leave for the airport at midnight. Our time on the mission field has been incredible. We have urged each other to perform at a very high level in all areas. And I mean all areas. Food and water is the thing in short supply here, we have all learned to improvise with every meal. Tonights meal, spagettie with sauce, had lentils in the sauce, I hope Doreen does not find this site because enough is enough!, I cooked the sauce!
Last Sunday I was in Church trying to be Holy, sitting right beside Pastor Ian, an un-holy bat or two let it fly right on Pastor Ians head! Our Lord came to the rescue though, a skinny cat came on the scene, walking on the open beams where some of the ceiling was missing, a lot of squeeling and a bit of a squabble and no more problem from bats.
Onthe way here in a town called Diapaga we found hundreds of small cat sized bats hanging in the trees just churping away at noon.
We have lost the lights here 3 times now and i'm a bit concerned that all this nonsence is going into the big bit bucket in the sky if I don't send it soon.
Right now Steve and Kristas room is flooding through the window. We fly out tonight and the thought just hit me that I wont see these wonderful people again---They are some of the most sincere Cristians I'v met. How can I stop praising God for allowing me to experience Burkina and His people, our brothers and sisters.

-Paul Mank

No comments:

Post a Comment